The Breathitt County Board of Education is seeking bids for the removal and replacement of the Breathitt County High School PE Gym floor. The scope of work has been included:
- Removal of the existing wood gymnasium floor in its entirety. Demolished material shall be disposed of properly and removed offsite by contractor.
- The complete installation of Robbins Bio-Channel SB floor system by Robbins, Inc. of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Removing the bleachers from the walls to install new wood flooring underneath, re-anchoring the bleachers back to the wall after floor installation.
- Provide electrical/data reconnection as required.
- Solid blocking under bleacher wheel loads is required.
- Provide and install Courtedge Reducer ramps by Safepath Products at necessary locations. Color: Black.
- Keep and re-use 2 existing volleyball sleeves. Add 4 new volleyball sleeves and 6 new cover plates to match the existing.
- Provide new base along exposed walls: Black
- Provide Certificate of Insurance and P&P Bond.
- All work including walk surface, entrances/exits must meet ADA requirements, as well as all state and local codes.
Please use the following Link for more detailed information: Link
If you have questions regarding the bid, please contact Will Noble at 606-693-4907.
Bids will be received until 1 PM, September 14, 2021, at which time they will be publicly opened and read. All bids should be delivered to the Board of Education, in care of Will Noble at 420 Court Street, PO Box 750, Jackson, Ky. 41339. All bids should be clearly marked “Breathitt County High School PE Gym Floor Replacement".
The bids will be opened through a Live Public link made available on the District website prior to the opening.
The Board reserves the right to reject any and all bids in the best interest of the District.