Dear BCS Families:
Welcome to a new school year! It is an honor to be your Superintendent. I am delighted to share that we are off to a great start.
Over the last few weeks, I have had the opportunity to visit our schools in BCS. Some of the best teaching I have ever seen have energized me, and I remain optimistic about what the future holds for us. At the same time, I am very clear that we have much more work ahead of us if we are going to deliver the excellent education that your children deserve.
While our students and staff have been hard at work, our Breathitt Board of Education members and I also have been working. High expectations for the Breathitt County Schools are necessary; we have a new charge (mission and vision) for the district.
• Our Vision: Graduates Prepared for College, Career, and Community
• Our Mission, We will aspire for excellence and become a distinguished district by:
- Putting students FIRST in ALL decision making,
- Setting high expectations for student achievement,
- Advocating for every child,
- Promoting growth for students and staff,
- Actively engaging community stakeholders, and
- Promoting positive school/community culture.
As we embark on this journey together, I am working diligently to foster a transparent and collaborative environment for our families. To that end, I want to encourage you to get involved this year. I look forward to being your partner in helping to fulfill the hopes and dreams of our children. Welcome back and have a great school year!
- Superintendent Reports
- May/June Action Plan 2022
- May/June Plus/Delta 2022
- September/October Action Plan 2021
- September/October Plus/Delta 2021
- January/February Action Plan 2021
- January/February Plus/Delta 2021
- September/October/November/December Plus/Delta 2020
- September/October/November/December Action Plan 2020
- 2020 Year in Review (Pictures)