Professional development is a continuous process of individual and collective examination of practice. It should empower individual educators and communities of educators to make complex decisions; identify and solve problems; and connect theory, practice, and student outcomes. Professional development also should enable teachers to offer students the learning opportunities that will prepare them to meet world-class standards in given content areas and to successfully assume adult responsibilities for citizenship and work.
1. Professional development should deepen and broaden knowledge of content.
2. Professional development should provide a strong foundation in the pedagogy of particular disciplines.
3. Professional development should provide knowledge about the teaching and learning processes.
4. Professional development should be rooted in and reflect the best available research.
5. The content of professional development should be aligned with the standards and curriculum that teachers use.
6. Professional development should contribute to measurable improvement in student achievement.
7. Professional development should be intellectually engaging and address the complexity of teaching.
8. Professional development should provide sufficient time, support, and resources to enable teachers to master new content and pedagogy and to integrate this knowledge and skill into their practice.
9. Professional development should be designed by teachers in cooperation with experts in the field.
10. Professional development should take a variety of forms, including some we have not typically considered.
11. Professional development should be job-embedded and site specific.
Suicide Prevention (PBIS III, staff working with grades 6-12 only)
Restraint and Seclusion (PBIS I)
- Professional Development Evaluation Form Adobe(.pdf)
- Professional Development Evaluation Form Word Document (.doc)
- Professional Development Request Adobe (.pdf)
- Professional Development Request Word Document (.doc)
- Professional Development Sign In Sheet Adobe (.pdf)
- Professional Development Sign In Sheet Word Document (.doc)
|2021-2022 PROFESSIONAL LEARNING DATES|
August 3-5, 2021
August-April, 2021-22 (District-wide Teacher Clarity Playbook book study)
Additional information (start/end times, room locations, agendas, etc.) for each professional learning day will be shared with staff prior to each event.